Frequently asked questions
Absolutely not. We add no cookies, nor do we collect data on your activity. The only data transmitted to our server is the occasional owner phone number which the app picks up from a property page.
Just point your browser at any property detail page on one of the VRBO websites. As contact data isn't avaibable for every single property, you might need to look at 2 or 3 properties before you see the contact details(grey panel) appear.
If it is not working, have a look at the question below.
- In Chrome, in the address bar, enter: chrome:extensions
then press Enter. Now you can see all of your installed extensions and for each, there is a checkbox to enable.
- In Firefox, click on the top-right menu button and select "Add-ons". Now you have a screen where you can select "Extensions" on the left side and then see all your extensions with Disable/Enable/Remove buttons.
- In Microsoft Edge, click on the top-right menu button and select "Extensions". Now you see a panel with a list of your installed extensions. Click the settings icon to the right of the extension to reveal the On/Off switch and "Remove" button.
Here's a list of things to check:
- On Chrome and Firefox, you should see a little globe icon at the top right of the browser window showing that the extension is installed and active.
- Are you looking at a VRBO site? StaySavr doesn't do anything on TripAdvisor sites or AirBnB.
- Try some different properties. We have data for about 70% and you might have just been unlucky.
- Were you previously seeing the owner details panel? If so, it might be that our server has decided that your activity has been "unusual" and it has blocked access. You can use Live Chat or the [email protected] email address to let us know if this has happened and we can usually restore your access.
- Maybe your IP address has a "bad reputation" (that's nothing that you've done - probably). Just let us know and we will check it out.
Please close Firefox and re-start it. Now re-try installing the StaySavr extension and it should work.